Shipping, Warranties & Exchanges
We typically ship orders within a week from date of purchase to provide time for processing and packaging as we fulfill and package every order by hand. If we have an influx of orders (i.e. when we drop new inventory), it may take up to two weeks for shipment of items.
We do not ship to PO Boxes
If you have any issues with the shipment/receipt of your package please email back within 20 days from date of shipment of your order. After this time frame, we can not guarantee a refund or replacement for your order.
We believe in what we are doing, and we stand behind the products we make. If you're not satisfied with your Appalachian Gear Company product, you can return it for a replacement or refund within 30 days of delivery of your order. Refunds for returned items are issued through the Appalachian Gear Company website upon return and review of the condition of the item. Appalachian Gear’s warranty policy doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents. This includes insect damage, such as moths. Exchanges for size, color, or other product must be returned in original, unused condition within 30 days of delivery of your order. All of our garments are manufactured in limited runs, so please include your top 3 color preferences in case we are already sold out of your color/size combo of choice.
In order for your package to be delivered, someone must be available to receive your order and to pay any import fees. Please keep this in mind when providing us with a shipping address. Due to the impact of COVID, many international orders may take longer than usual, and customs clearance may hold up orders. Note: due to the high cost of international shipping and VAT and customs fees, we will not be accepting international exchanges or returns.
Many countries charge customs fees or VAT taxes when your package is delivered. This is not paid-for or determined by Appalachian Gear Co. — Customers are responsible for VAT or customs fees at the time of delivery or receipt. We are required by law to accurately report the value and contents of international shipments — please do not ask us to undervalue the content on customs declaration forms.
How to return or exchange an item:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your order number, name, shipping address, and a brief explanation of why you’re returning the item.
- If you're exchanging your garment for a different size or color, please include 3 color preferences in case we are sold out of your original color. We will pay domestic return shipping for items being exchanged.
- Appalachian Gear Company is not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit. We encourage customers to use a shipping method that includes tracking and/or delivery confirmation.
- To mitigate the spread of COVID19 to our employees and customers, return and exchange packages will be quarantined for approximately 10 days before they are processed by our fulfillment department.
- We fulfill all of our orders in-house and by hand, so it may take several days to process your return or exchange once we have received it and after it has been quarantined. If you're concerned about whether we've received your return/exchange, feel free to shoot us an email!
- Pack the item securely and include the original product packaging, if possible, or any suitable shipping package. Attach the return shipping label, or address your package to: